Inks Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jalistair

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been looking at the dive Texas map and Inks Lake is mentioned. However, when you click on the the link there is no information about diving. So question one, has anyone dove there? Two, how is the diving there in comparison to Lake Travis. Three, does anyone have any interest in diving there?

I live and work close to Inks Lake, and have given information here regarding its visability. I have personally only attempted to dive at Devils Water Hole, located within Inks Lake State Park. The vis was about 1' (one foot) or less during the time I was there and I aborted the dive after no improvement down to about 15'-20'. Now, compared to Lake Travis, at least in my experience, I'd say the vis is poor by comparision. I would like to maybe attempt another dive, though in a different location. A nearby volunteer fire department has a dive team of sorts, and they may be able to provide further information on areas of better visability. I won't mention specific fire departments, but with a bit of internet research, you'll likely find which fire department, if you indeed wanted to contact their dive team members for good areas to dive. Good luck.

Thanks for the info eieio, I looked up the fire department and tried to call them, will have to try back again later. I am wondering from looking at some of the older postings around SB if diving closer to the damn would provide better vis. Anyway, understanding that vis is poor I am still thinking of diving there sometime before fall if anyone is interested. Diving the Comel River next Saturday so that weekend is out but I should be free just about every other weekend.

Hey jalistair, I was just out at inks lake last weekend and I lost my new camera. Problem is, it has about 500 pictures of my 18 month old (birthday party among others). I dont dive, but if you went out there, i can tell you where it is and if you find it, I would give you a $100 reward for your time? Let me know if you, or anyone else is interested, I can provide more details..

Hey mbean, I do not live around there and could not find anyone who seemed interested in diving there so I went to Stillhouse lake and enjoyed their 2-3 feet of visibility instead. If anyone is interested in diving Inks, I can do so on the 28th. As for your camera I would create a new posting on this site offering a reward and I am sure one of the local Inks divers will try to find it for you.

Hey jalistair, I was just out at inks lake last weekend and I lost my new camera. Problem is, it has about 500 pictures of my 18 month old (birthday party among others). I dont dive, but if you went out there, i can tell you where it is and if you find it, I would give you a $100 reward for your time? Let me know if you, or anyone else is interested, I can provide more details..

Did you ever find your camera? I'm diving at the lake tomorrow and would look for it if you can tell me where it might be.

Back
Top Bottom