Inon S2000 Troubleshooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I finally bit the bullet and took it into Reef Photo for diagnosis. My original suspicion of sensor or trigger circuit wasn't far off as I was informed that the main board was toast - either from a hard fall (drop) or due to too rapid of sustained flashes (which could overheat the board). Neither one of these I recall happening during my ownership. After dumping another $350 into it, I once again have a functioning and mostly new S2000. Reef Photo provided a great service and I certainly appreciate the break on the labor they provided. Cost was a little less than $200 under what a new one would have been but it is still hard to accept I own a $750 strobe - and it's not a Z240!! This is an expensive hobby and I'm still playing in shallow end with my water wings on.

OK - I'm done whining but this sure makes me feel for those with the top end hardware that have to replace it . Ouch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom