INON UWL-100 Dome port experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voets

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have experience with the dome port for the INON UWL-100 lens?

I'm owning an Oly C4000 with PT-010 and UWL-100 lens and Ikelite Ds125 strobe, gives me very nice wide angle results. Is it worthwile to purchase the Dome port?

Has anyone example pictures online with this lens & dome?

Have a look at these.. they were taken with the UWL100.

soft_coral_3.jpg

peter_and_moral1.jpg

coral_reef_3.jpg

Overall, UWL100 will allow you to get closer to an target so that the strobe can work. On the flip side, you would probably need 2 strobes for it to work well.

I've got a 5050 and an Inon 100. I like the fact that I can wet mount the wide angle. Depending on what you're trying to shoot, the wide angle can be a major pain. If you're going for mostly non-macro stationary objects, the wide angle is great. For moving fish, it can be really tough to get close enough to get the fish to fill the frame, and I find that you get a lot of distortion if you zoom in with the wide angle. With the wide angle, you'd better be able to get close to your subject. If you can wet mount the lens, you put the lens on or take it off when you feel its appropriate - kind of nice. Or, you can get some really funky shots if you so choose (think Little Shop of Horrors, I took this with the macro and wide angle on, maximum zoom-in)...

Your PT-10 will not accommodate a dome port. Nor does any of the Oly PnS housings. If you really want a dome port, contact Ikelite to see which of his housing will fit your C-4000 and which dome port will work, if any.

Thanks for the replies. I' already have the UWL-100 and really like it. I just took the gamble and ordered the special Dome for this lens. It will arrive any day now, so hopefully I can post some shots next week

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom