Insel flight from Charlotte to Curacao on Wed cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know if trip insurance would cover the cost of scheduling the flight on another airline? Sorry for your predicament. If I were in your shoes I would be seriously p!ssed!

Not sure if they will, since I changed the return date so that I can still have a full week of diving instead of just 3 days if I decided to return on the original date.

The cost charlotte to NY was only $220 for both tickets, so I won't be flipping mad if I don't get it back. I did meet a couple who were friends of Insel's owner whom were also stranded in Charlotte. They said Insel will take care of things since it was their screwup. BTW, I won a free round trip ticket from Charlotte to Curacao while on the flight back. Still got to pay taxes on it and buy another one for wife, plus my flights NY to charlotte and back. Not sure I will use it since it has to be used in 6 months and I don't know if my mosquito bites will heal by then.

my wife and I had moved our flight back 1 week and because we changed dates our trip insurance for the original purchase would not cover squat. How convenient for the insurance company. Bstds. I have since gotten a full refund on my ticket due to Insel Air dropping the ball on my various cases (6) I filed with them to get some satisfaction about either getting a voucher for future travel or a refund. It took me nearly 4 months.

And that's why I fly American in the states until I get to to either Curacao and Bonaire and go local from there...

Insel doesn't serve alcohol. What a way to start a vacation, we learned on the flight from CLT to CUR. And they searched our bags on the way back for liquids.

Insel doesn't serve alcohol. What a way to start a vacation, we learned on the flight from CLT to CUR. And they searched our bags on the way back for liquids.

Are you sure yer not confusing Insel with Islamic Airways?

Are you sure yer not confusing Insel with Islamic Airways?

Nope, I'm not confused. And my group and I were a bit disappointed. The flight attendant just smiled and shook her head to indicate they had none when we asked for beers or other alcoholic drinks.

The bag check on the jetway to board the plane for the return flight in CUR was obviously to comply with the US no-liquids rule. But I saw more than one person remove alcoholic beverages from their bags. I chugged my water right there in the jetway.

my wife and I had moved our flight back 1 week and because we changed dates our trip insurance for the original purchase would not cover squat. How convenient for the insurance company. Bstds. I have since gotten a full refund on my ticket due to Insel Air dropping the ball on my various cases (6) I filed with them to get some satisfaction about either getting a voucher for future travel or a refund. It took me nearly 4 months.

That's not too bad. Last I heard, I was under the assumption they have forgotten you. Obviously, they have forgotten me. I must re-follow up. Too bad about the ticket I won. Flying to charlotte on a separate carrier then getting on Insel to Bonaire just seems to be more money than some other ways, and not have to worry about missing connecting flight and losing out on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom