Inside the Brittanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb

Hoser/English Translator, eh
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the TV show this week on the team diving on the Brittanic in Greece? I thought it was really well done in explaining some of the complications of deep tech diving.

For those who didn't catch it, these guys were diving on a 400 foot deep wreck using three different blends of oxygen, nitrogen and helium dependent upon the depth. They mention that their decompression stops sometimes lasted upwards of 5 hours. Each dive was made with a minimum of 5 tanks per diver and a scooter bringing the total weight above 250lbs of gear.

As a new diver just coming to grips with dive table calculations and perfecting buoyancy control, I found the whole concept quite astounding. This isn't the direction I am looking to go with my own training, it is just interesting to see how far people are capable of going.

Thanks for the link...way cool.

I watched it also.
how cool. finaly good tv

I just read through all of the info on the GUE site about the Britannic. Very interesting. I was just wondering if any details were let out as to if they had figured out what caused the Britannic to sink??

Back
Top Bottom