Question Insta360 Ace Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the conclusion on ace pro? Recommended over Dji? I have seen mixed reviews, some criticize ai to change wb abruptly and making some footage not usable and there are others not bothered by this.
My understanding is one is not doing much post correction and do not use lights, ace pro is more suitable but if post correction is done and lights used, dji might be more suitable. Can some actual users comment on this?

Does anyone know of a red filter set-up for the Ace Pro like the Backscatter flip system for the GoPro?

As far as I am aware, the Ace Pro does really good at colour correction in camera. I haven’t tried it yet. But I do want a yellow filter for uv diving

I got one last week. I really got excited at first, when I found out that there is integration with Garmin so that you can show the stats of your activities on display. It turns out that it is not including diving.. It would have been nice to show depth/time ndl/deco information.

I recently got the Insta 360 Ace Pro and like it overall but there are a few things about the AI that I’ve noticed. Some shots can get ruined when the AI kicks in at different times. You can see exactly what I mean in this video. All the footage I’ve taken so far has been with no red filter or lights and has been pretty impressive. Battery life is much better than GoPro. I’m not quite used to app yet but it has some interesting features. I’ve had 5 different GoPros in the past and I am kind of over the company. When compared to my 8 black it’s a jump up. I have experienced no crashes and I’m happy. I’ve only used it once on a Cozumel trip last month, but fairly impressed so far. Going to the Philippines for a month and will put it to the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom