Installing a new si-tech exhaust valve on a DUI CLX 450 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chetflyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I finally managed to get my old apeks exhaust valve removed from my DUI suit. Now I want to install the new si-tech one. I have all 4 of the necessary parts as seen in photo 1. I have cleaned the silicone off the outside of the suit as seen in photo2. I have not cleaned the silicone off the inside of the suit as of yet as seen in photo3. I am ready to assemble the 4 pieces..#4 on the outside, then the Internal valve port #2 on the inside as seen in photo 4 and then the nylon washer part#3 and then the inside of the valve part#1. What I need to know is whether or not I need to glue the internal valve port to the inside of the suit or can I just tighten everything up without siliconing or glueing anything. I need someone that has installed one of these before to tell me exactly what to do. From what I've heard a lot of people just install the valve into the existing larger hole on the drysuit, without using a valve port or silicone!! I would think that I should use the valve port, as the hole for the apeks valve is larger than required for the si-tech one.If I do need to glue the valve port to the suit..what glue do I use? aquaseal?

Attachments

• pict4320jr1.jpg
    pict4320jr1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 117
  • drysuit exhast valve photos 001.jpg
    drysuit exhast valve photos 001.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 124
  • drysuit exhast valve photos 002.jpg
    drysuit exhast valve photos 002.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 171
  • drysuit exhast valve photos 003.jpg
    drysuit exhast valve photos 003.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 122
  • drysuit exhast valve photos 005.jpg
    drysuit exhast valve photos 005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 137
  • drysuit exhast valve photos 006.jpg
    drysuit exhast valve photos 006.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 162
this month i've changed 2 of same valves on my tls350 suits., no port needed besides nothing will hold it on silicon infested material. Hole will be bit larger then needed, but thats ok.
I've cleaned silicone, then applied thin layer of silicone about 5mm around the hole, on a face side of a suit. i've applied about 5mm bead of silicone on to valve itself, where it will face the suit right on to ridge, so when compressed it will create seal . put the valve in, put a plastic backing and start tighing the nut. go easy, do not tight it all the way leave it a bit loose. leave suit for 24hr, then tighten it all the way. remove extra silicone as you go. with MEK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom