Instructor interested in teaching adaptive Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are quite a few choices and agencies out there to consider, and thankfully each of them have the same goal - to bring the magic of scuba diving to those with disabilities. In your research, please don't overlook the International Association for Handicapped Divers.

And once the divers have been certified, the next step is to provide a continuing opportunity for them to enjoy the sport! Once great choice are the adaptive adventure trips offered by Indian Valley Travel, a division of Live Life No Limits.

Enjoy your research and let us know what the future brings you!

Its great to see so many people who can help you out tstormdiver.

I wanted to let you know about Angel Navarro. He is a PADI Course Director and Instructor Trainer for IAHD (International Association for Handicapped Divers) based in the Philippines, so I appreciate that location might be a problem. Angel has lots of experience working with people with physical and mental disabilities and runs IAHD Instructor crossover courses throughout the year. Angel is a great teacher and will be able to give you lots of tips. If you want to know more contact him at gopro@malapascua.net

Hi sskasser,

My partner Mark and I just came back from Malapascua Island in the Philippines where I done my Advanced Open Water (I'm paraplegic) with Angel Navarro Moya.
Angel is a PADI Course Director and also an Instructor-Instructor for the International Association for Handicapped Divers (IAHD).

Mark has done his IDC with Angel and then immediately crossed over to the IAHD at instructor level.
If you like to know more about it, just contact me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom