Instructor to instructor communication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As someone that does not post very often but reads a lot this is my second post on this thread. There are valid points to both sides. If the instructor forum is private, please think of some way to share relevant thoughts for the rest of the board. Obviously, the members of that section will still answer general posts but ideas and tips for non-professionals need to have some systematic way to be posted in the general area. Just a concern. And I too find myself motivated by the selfish reason of wanting knowledge. I can see how instructor training "tricks" would be more effective when they occur unexpectedly. But I figure that I would be so caught up in actually doing new things while diving that I would fall for the "tricks" anyway.

Thanks for asking for input.
S

SMan,

The types of posts you want to read are not the types of posts I'd expect to see in the proposed forum. The types of posts you are referring to rarely come about as an issue raised by an instructor. When they do come up, I promise to share.

This all sounds very, very interesting! I just signed up for an AI course and is already starting to discuss things with the instructors, that wouldn't be appropiate if there were new students around. Questions like how much of the uncertainties do you tell the BOW course?

My question to you guys is: When should it be possible to join the board: When you are a DM (not included in the cources thought where I'm doing mine), when you are a AI or inatructor. Or is it enough to sign up for these courses?? I expect not - as you might never finish :(

DameDykker once bubbled...
This all sounds very, very interesting! I just signed up for an AI course and is already starting to discuss things with the instructors, that wouldn't be appropiate if there were new students around. Questions like how much of the uncertainties do you tell the BOW course?

My question to you guys is: When should it be possible to join the board: When you are a DM (not included in the cources thought where I'm doing mine), when you are a AI or inatructor. Or is it enough to sign up for these courses?? I expect not - as you might never finish :(

I'm curious too!

I just signed on for a NAUI ITC.

Have we made any decisions yet?

11-21-2002 08:27 PM

Net Doc,

That was the date and time of the first post on this thread.

I am glad we didn't run out of air...I can't hold my breath that long.

Let us know.

willanz once bubbled...
11-21-2002 08:27 PM

Net Doc,

That was the date and time of the first post on this thread.

I am glad we didn't run out of air...I can't hold my breath that long.

Let us know.

William,
Sit tight and be a good instructor like me and have patience like Doc says.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom