Insurance Question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redstilettos

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I get funny looks from my non-diver friends (yes there are those out there that don't dive!) about buying diving insurance for me and my two kids.

I have, the last two years, used DAN, which is nice since they send good and informative articles to my email, but my question is this:

1. Are there other companies just as good as DAN out there that might be less expensive?
2. Is there a way we can pay for more than one year at a time so I can pay and forget about it for a while?

Just curious.....

Hello redstilettos,

I have used DAN since 1988. They seem to offer the most credible insurance specific for divers with the most longevity.

I am not sure of the availability of other insurance companies that would offer the same coverage but I doubt that there would be any that would offer same or better coverage for less money.

Your question concerning two year coverage is actually a very good question but I don't have the answer. I suggest that you contact DAN directly to find out. Now that you mention it, I'll send them an e-mail ask them myself.

Perhaps other members of the SB would have different points of view (I am sure they do).

2. Is there a way we can pay for more than one year at a time so I can pay and forget about it for a while?

Just curious.....

Pretty sure you can't pay for more than one year at a time, but you can set it up for auto renewal.

I get funny looks from my non-diver friends (yes there are those out there that don't dive!) about buying diving insurance for me and my two kids.

I have, the last two years, used DAN, which is nice since they send good and informative articles to my email, but my question is this:

1. Are there other companies just as good as DAN out there that might be less expensive?

Just curious.....

1. There is also Dive Assure. It is about comparable to DAN in price & coverage
2. You can pay for up to 2 yrs at a time with Dive Assure

DiveAssure has its own sub-forum on ScubaBoard. Go to Scuba Diving Central>Basic Scuba Discussions and look for the DiveAssure Sub-Forum at the top of the page.

You cannot pay for more than a year with DAN, I called and asked a few years ago because I think just like you do. I settled for the auto-pay feature, but you still have to remember to call them when you get a new card (ran into that already). DAN will send you e-mails though.

Does DAN send a new card every year with a different number or just a new re-print of the card from the previous year?

Does DAN send a new card every year with a different number or just a new re-print of the card from the previous year?

If you keep your coverage continuous, auto renewal or not, you keep the same number.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have similar questions as the OP. What does an annual membership generally run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom