integrated weights vs. regular belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a light weight Zeagle Scout BC. It has 2 front weight pockets + 2 Rear weight pockets. All 4 pockets use velcro closures that open easily. Since the weight is spread out, I can control how much weight I dump if I ever have to. It is sooooo much more comfortable than my old weight belt and I NEVER have to adjust the buckle.

Having no hips to speak of I have found that I have to have the weight belt really tight to stop it from slipping down - which means that I have come out after a dive on many occasions with bruising and it's bl**dy uncomfortable...
I've tried quite a few different types of belts and also integrated systems (I have the Seac Pro2000 BCD at the moment)
I have chosen not to use the integrated weights on the BCD - but have opted for the DUI weight harness - What a wicked piece of kit - you hardly know it's there due to all the weight being on your shoulders - it's really easy to adjust - to alter your position in the water etc - and because it's seperate from your BCD it makes it easier to put on instead of having to lift up your BCD with 2 10litres and 14kg of shot....The quick release handles are bright yellow so your buddy'll never miss them in an emergency................
Just my twopence worth....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom