Interesting dive sites near Aurora, CO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChaosHokie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm traveling to Aurora for work in a couple of weeks, and I am wondering if there's anywhere interesting to dive within an easy drive away? I'm used to diving in quarries and stuff locally, so I'd be looking for something different than that style, but no caves/etc. Purely a recreational diver :)

Searching around on the internet and here, it seems that there's the Aurora Reservoir (sounds like the local quarry) and Carter Lake (same thing?). Anything else?

Aurora Reservoir and Chatfield State Park are both lakes in the area. They are pretty similar to a quarry and would be pretty chilly this time if year.

The only thing that's really different that I can think of is the Aquarium, which is coordinated by A1 scuba. It would be more expensive, but might be worth checking out.

Aurora is Closed for diving this time of year.
You can dive Kingfisher Pond at Chatfield, but it's quite shallow <22. The mountain lakes will be quite chilly this time of year. Jefferson Lake is diveable but you won't see anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom