Interesting Luna "feature"......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Sol and get signal loss once or twice a dive. It's only for a few seconds and so doesn't inconvenience me... but I am curious about the upgraded transmitter. When did they switch? I wonder if it is possible to upgrade for a reasonable fee--I use the buddy monitor feature too, and that definitely doesn't work as well as I'd like, being very sensitive to range and orientation.

Dont bother. I have the newer style transmitter, which takes that weird battery. My wrist and transmitter are back at Scubapro for your same reason. Was advised by LDS that it will probably take a few weeks to get it back. A buddy of mine has owned his Luna for over two years and dives like a maniac. His units (his and his daughter) have not had a single issue.

Mine has well over 400 dives without any issues aside from a broken strap, which I have already addressed.

I won't worry about an "upgrade" then, thanks.

I have a Sol and get signal loss once or twice a dive. It's only for a few seconds and so doesn't inconvenience me... but I am curious about the upgraded transmitter. When did they switch? I wonder if it is possible to upgrade for a reasonable fee--I use the buddy monitor feature too, and that definitely doesn't work as well as I'd like, being very sensitive to range and orientation.

Dont bother. I have the newer style transmitter, which takes that weird battery. My wrist and transmitter are back at Scubapro for your same reason. Was advised by LDS that it will probably take a few weeks to get it back. A buddy of mine has owned his Luna for over two years and dives like a maniac. His units (his and his daughter) have not had a single issue.

My Luna originally came with the first gen transmitter and always suffered from periodic dropouts. After the strap failure I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the safety of continuing to use the unit, so I sent it back to SP via my LDS for a check-up. I believe the redesigned transmitter came out in 2011 and I was curious if replacing the transmitter might resolve the dropout issues. SP was kind enough address my concerns free of charge, and the unit has worked perfectly ever since.

Last edited:
Hey scubapro you going to respond?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My Sol with the old style transmitter started having dropout problems and it's out at repair. The new battery is harder to find but it has some 3 times the energy of the old, so I wonder if the small older style battery simply could not supply enough juice for the radio transmitter.

Oddly my computer worked flawlessly in Cozumel but had dropouts in California, so I wonder if the temperature had something to do with the problem. Cold temp can decrease the battery power.

Hi Hatul:

Received my Luna back from Scubapro, which replaced the Pressure Transmitter. Just completed a 45 minute dive this weekend without any issues. Only time will tell, if the problem has been truly fixed. Not too worried though, my SPG is on my lower D-ring and I have back up computer in case the problem re-occurs and I have to return it to Scubapro.

I don't believe temperature will play a factor in the lost signal, as I experienced such issues while I was in Hawaii. The water temperature did not drop below 70 degrees there. The Scubapro technician was quite thoughtful. He removed and returned the battery that I just installed into the transmitter.

O

Now to pop this to the top. I have just transferred my dives from the wrist comp to my laptop. After the failure of the wrist comp I discovered that it reset itself to the first of the year. (Jan) I dove it and didn't realize it. I discovered it after three dives and corrected the wrist comp. Needless to say I have three dives with the incorrect date assigned to them. How would I make this correction in smartTRAK? I have looked and consulted another experienced diver, neither of us can find it. I've perused the manual to no avail as well.

Could you tell me how to correct the date on the three dives in particular?

Hi TNRonin:

I do not believe that you can change this field. I tried to do so while I was in spreadsheet mode, to no avail. Opened each specific dive in the "LogBook" function. However, Smart Track does not allow any modification to the date and time field. You may just have to add an addendum in the comment field to account for the discrepancy in date.

Hi TNRonin:

I do not believe that you can change this field. I tried to do so while I was in spreadsheet mode, to no avail. Opened each specific dive in the "LogBook" function. However, Smart Track does not allow any modification to the date and time field. You may just have to add an addendum in the comment field to account for the discrepancy in date.

Ya thanks. I sort of figured I would have to do that. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom