Intersted in Bare drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bolantej

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
But, has anyone bought from divetank-dive-gear-supply on EBay? If there are any negatives, I may just have to spring for the LDS and spend the extra money.

Why not go directly to Divetank.com?

the K

I agree with Kraken. I'd go to them directly. If you are going to be purchasing a dry suit, be sure and talk to Richard. Make sure and spend pleanty of time ensuring the sizing is correct per your measurements. Extremely important.

Here is a lengthy recent thread about Divetank.com:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=143599

I just ordered a Bare Nex Gen (the one you're looking at, right?) from them. In the other thread there were some comments about poor communication. I think they might be reading SB because Richard has been very communicative. I received an email invoice from them the business day after my order and so far things have been going well.

I'm having some custom work done to one of the suits (boot size upgrade) so it will take a little longer than normal to ship, I expect.

Over all, I think that for the discount you're getting a very good value.

I have a buddy that ordered a HD Trilam from Richard back in April. It was customized and when he got it it didn't fit right in the shoulders. He contacted Richard again and sent the suit back, got it resized and he's a happy duck.

All my dealings with Divetank have been great. Call them up and work on the sizing, since that will be the most critical. FWIW

dolbersen:
I just ordered a Bare Nex Gen (the one you're looking at, right?) from them. In the other thread there were some comments about poor communication. I think they might be reading SB because Richard has been very communicative. I received an email invoice from them the business day after my order and so far things have been going well.

I'm having some custom work done to one of the suits (boot size upgrade) so it will take a little longer than normal to ship, I expect.

Over all, I think that for the discount you're getting a very good value.

That's good to hear. If they can correct a few things in this area, I will seriously consider buying from them when I am finally ready to purchase a dry suit. The issue with communication does appear to be spotty. Some folks have experienced it while others have not. It could be that at times they get so busy that things begin to fall through the cracks. In general, they are a good, reputable company to deal with and they stand behind their product once it's sold. However, it would be great to see them tackle some of these items that fall into the "attention to detail" bucket. If they do, that will put them in the same ballpark as Scuba Toys. Then the only issue would be the extra time getting orders cleared through customs since they come from Canada. Not much they can do about that one.

Thanks all for the suggestions. When I am ready, I'll be sure and give them a call.

I ordered a Bare nex-gen from Richard last year, as did two of my buddies. Communication was not an issue at all. I highly recommend Dive Tank. Apparently they are located near the Bare factory, so they get custom stuff done pretty quickly (i.e. suspenders, dry gloves).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom