Intova LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Michael,

You can attach the bolt snap various ways. Easiest is using a Hose Clip Retainer. Or you can use a zip tie from the hardware store or dive reel line (or similarly strong twine).

I hope this helps.
Kathleen

I have a couple of Intova lights and I tied bolt snaps on with cave line. If you do this, keep an eye on it, the edges of the hole in the light are sharp and it has worn through the line a couple of times.

Use a split ring to go as in-between the light and the bolt snap. No worries about sharp edges cutting the cave line.

I like these Intova lights - tough as hell and compact yet still throw out some decent lumination.

I have a couple of Intova lights and I tied bolt snaps on with cave line. If you do this, keep an eye on it, the edges of the hole in the light are sharp and it has worn through the line a couple of times.

Yep the center hole on the light has VERY sharp edges, I used some sand paper and took the razor edge off and have had no issues with it cutting into the cave line since. I like using cave line very strong and and can easily cut loose if required, not a big fan of zip ties they are in my opinion not as secure/safe as cave line (safe: i.e they can break more easily possibly resulting in a loss). Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom