Intova Opinions for Newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexx007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I currently have a SeaLife Mini 2 which I used for about 3 months of diving. It was alright, compared to the photos some friends of mine got using just a GoPro, I'm quite disappointed with mine. I've had a Canon Rebel for about a year now, and I'm still learning all about it. So I'm not looking to invest too too much in an underwater camera, but I would like something a bit better, that would allow me to change a few features. As the SeaLife is basically a point and shoot. I found this one Intova IC-14 IC14 Camera with Underwater Housing Red Filter 2GB SD Card | eBay on ebay. To be honest, I really don't know too much about cameras, specifically for shooting underwater. I totally understand the more expensive and better the camera, and all the add ons such as strobes and what not are what really make for a better quailty photos. But for someone that is just getting into underwater photography, I'd rather spend my money on the diving and travel. So does anyone know anything about the Intova? Reviews, recommendations? Would be great :)

Hello Alexx007,
I'm sure you will get other feedback but wanted to give you a factory reply. The IC14 camera is made by the same company that produces Apple phones, tablets andcomputers. They also make Sony computers and cameras for a lot of Japanesebrands. The quality of the IC14 is good, especially for the price. One of the most importantthings for underwater photography is White Balance. IC 14 has manual WhiteBalance and comes with a WB Board. We suggest setting WB every 10 feet ofdepth. This will adjust for all the variations in water color/quality.

Rememberthat depth washes out warm colors. A red filter will help. Longer term, forbest results, consider an underwater strobe as an addition. Short term,especially in clear shallower depths, you can expect great results!!
Best Regards,
Joe

I bought a brand NEW Intova IC14 and used it 3X while on my 2 week Bonaire trip, a few month ago. It's a great camera with alot of options to use for the those who want to use all the options it has to offer. Unfortunately I wanted a simple point and shoot underwater camera. So back in the box it went. I was thinking about selling it and allow my husband to do all the picture taking as he has a nice big set-up. If your interested in purchasing one, I have the camera(practically brand New)and everything that came with it. Make a reasonable offer and so we can talk....Thanks Laurie

Back
Top Bottom