Intova Supa Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puppet27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
am seriously considering purchasing one of these lights, has anyone played with one?

SPECIFICATIONS:
Function
Switch : Press button switch (four-position : (1) 100% light; (2) 30% light; (3) flash; (4) off)
Luminous flux : The first position 500 lumens; The second position 180 lumens.
LED Life : 100000 hrs.
Waterproof : Waterproof to 400ft.

Material
Case : 6061-T6 Aluminum.
Surface finish : Matte black.
Lens : Clear glass lens.
Light : Round dispersive light.
Waterproof o-ring : Silica gel.
Electrical data

Light source : 3 CREE P4 LED.
Battery : 3 "18650" rechargeable Li-ion battery with protection circuit.
Charge time : 3-5 hrs.
Electrical current : High beam 1000mA; Low beam 120mA.
Burn time : First position 3½ hrs; Second position 20 hrs.
Product net weight / dimension

Net weight : 690g+/-10g (including battery)
Dimension : §69 * §69 * 166mm
Use environment : -30°- 40°.

Attachments

• supernova.jpg
    supernova.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 414
I looked at getting one in early July. The Itova website indicated that it would be available in May, but my LDS called them and they were not. The offered to sell me one of the prototypes, but I declined.

I think that I will wait until I see a few reviews on it before looking to buy it again.

have ordered one $299 from dolphin scuba. plan on using it on a coupla test dives here then to truk end of this month. will let you know how it goes.

Greetings, I have two that I use as video lights. They seem to do well. My only gripe is they should have thought out the variable power output..... I like the light it puts out at 100% on first click.... but would have prefered a 50% or 60% for the second click. I am not really interested in a flashing mode for my dive light.... that is why I carry a strobe.... Would rather had 100, 60, 30, that would have been great.... I have only used mine a few times and they worked very well. They recharge quickly enough, heavy but not in a bad way.... Much easier to carry and less expensive than the canister lights.... I use a Halcyon type (Extreme Explorer Canister Light with a 50 wat light) this is almost as bright. To be honest I have been using mine as a video light.... Works great....

I have been using the Intova 4.8 wide torch for a year now. Great light for a backup unit. What is sad is my LDS charges a fortune for one of those hand held bulky "C" and "D" size units I paid about 2/3 less for the Intova and it is far brighter.... The only downside is the batteries... but I like using the CR123 batteries as all my camera, strobes, range finders etc use those and I can get them off ebay pretty cheap. I really like the Intova line of torches. Have never tried their cameras... sticking to my Sealife camera.....

I just got a Super nova. Brighter than a 10W HID, can burn 3-4 hours a time, user-friendly.

am seriously considering purchasing one of these lights, has anyone played with one?

SPECIFICATIONS:
Function
Switch : Press button switch (four-position : (1) 100% light; (2) 30% light; (3) flash; (4) off)
Luminous flux : The first position 500 lumens; The second position 180 lumens.
LED Life : 100000 hrs.
Waterproof : Waterproof to 400ft.

Material
Case : 6061-T6 Aluminum.
Surface finish : Matte black.
Lens : Clear glass lens.
Light : Round dispersive light.
Waterproof o-ring : Silica gel.
Electrical data

Light source : 3 CREE P4 LED.
Battery : 3 "18650" rechargeable Li-ion battery with protection circuit.
Charge time : 3-5 hrs.
Electrical current : High beam 1000mA; Low beam 120mA.
Burn time : First position 3Ž½ hrs; Second position 20 hrs.
Product net weight / dimension

Net weight : 690g+/-10g (including battery)
Dimension : Ž§69 * Ž§69 * 166mm
Use environment : -30Ž°- 40Ž°.

To turn the light off from full power you press the button 3 times. Correct?

Just got one. Only one word can describe this thing: Awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom