Intova Ultra Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just ordered one from cave adventures as well. very nice people to deal with and great price. any difference in using rechargeable batteries in these lights? what is the average burn time on high setting that you guys are seeing? thanks.

Haven't had mine long enough to tell. I've done probably 4 hours, and it doesn't seem to need replacements yet.

I like the idea of rechargeables, especially since I can't change out batteries mid-dive, I can just charge before-hand. Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed with lifetime of rechargeable AA and AAA batteries.

CF 600 Focusable LED Light

Some new spearfisherman friends swear by these lights. They can mount on cameras or spear guns, and can be focused to look into small holes.

I compared with my Intova backup last weekend, and when the BigBlue is focused (8 degrees), it has a much longer range. The wider angle is comparable to to my Intova (28 versus 33 degrees).

Greetings from Australia all. I just acquired this light and wanted to double check that in order to activate this light, you have to depress the tail cap switch for 2s or 5s. And this is a soft switch (ie. no click)??

I'm currently having problems with my ultra nova as the light continuously stays on after the tail cap is fully screwed in. After which, no amount of switch 'depress' changes the mode. Any help is much appreciated in this matter.

P.S. Then again I simply could have a buggered tail cap.

Sounds like you may have a malfunctioning light. A quick depression of the button should turn it on, a second will dim it, and a third will turn it off. If you press and hold, the strobe should come on. At least, that's how my two work. Hope this helps.

Yeah seems like it. I've sent it back to Intova for now. Thanks for the info anyway!

Throwing another hat in the ring for the UltraNova. Got mine off Amazon a few weeks back for $69, and for the price it completely exceeds expectations for light output and durability.

Honestly, I'm thinking of picking up a couple more to keep in the trucks and to take camping/hunting. Waterproof, bulletproof, nice focused beam that cuts for miles.

I'm a fan

I 've been using my Ultra Nova for a few months on day dives. Love it!! I also have a Super Nova 500 lumens for night dives and a mini 220 also with a wider beam as a backup light!!

Hi, to anyone in Australia who has this light, where did you get it from? I've been trying to find a shop that sells them without success. Im in Sydney

You can find it online cheaper than in any store!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom