Intova Ultra or Big Blue CF250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Intova Ultra... excellent construction, heft, beam. Great burn time, and intensity for a backup...

Thanks BKP. Do you use a harness? Does the light fit easily on the d-ring and into the inner tube? It would seem bulky.

Does anybody have a pic with it secured to the harness?

Website says diameter is 1.9 inches. Webbing is 2 inches.

I use a BC w/ integrated pockets. Have the lanyard clipped to a lower right D-ring, and I can slip the torch into the right BC pocket (Zeagle) without closing it. It's larger than than the other Intovas, however, I went for the 220 Lumens.

I've used it with my TransPac, as well, and had it similarly clipped off on a right waist strap D-Ring, but used a tight loop of 1/16" shock cord attached through the right side loop on the waist strap to slide it into. Not as secure as the previous configuration, but kept it out of 'dangly' status, and it worked. If I'm using it continuously, it's unclipped, and the lanyard is wrapped around my right wrist.

P.S. Yes, it *is* bulkier than similar backups. However, I'm *very* fond of the torch. I don't have any experience with the CF250 (250 Lumens?), so can't comment, however, you apparently do pay for the smaller size/higher intensity.

I don't use the Intova, but it looks a comparable size to the Aquatec 5W torch that I use as a back-up at the moment. It should fit ok on a harness. Mine sits nicely from the D-Ring (using a boltsnap and cave knot) and stows under bungee down the shoulder strap.

I have a pair of the ultras and have no problem securing it to my BPW drings and inner tubes.

Back
Top Bottom