Intro + Help buying gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmad_dood

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there everyone, the names Jono, im 20 years old and i live in Sydney Australia. I recently got my padi open water license about 2 months ago as i was going to the great barrier reef and i always wanted my dive licence. I've clocked up around 10 hours now and am really liking diving so i want to buy my own gear.

I've already got the basics like mask, fins, snorkel, boots but now i wanna buy the big stuff (computer, bcd, regs, wetty). My logic is that i want to buy once and buy right so i want to buy gear that i can grow into and that will work with me as i progress so i want it to be pretty good gear. Ive been to a few different places and i found some gear that i iike but basically its a matter ive trying to package the gear as i cant decide between bcds and regs.

Ive settled on the sunnto d4i dive computer.

For bcds im tossing up between a aqualung axiom (not the i3) and a oceanic probe hlc. I've tried them both on (not in the water) and there both really comfy and i can get them for both for roughly the same price.

And regs wise i'm looking at the atomik z2 or the oceanic gt3/cdx5.

So basically i'm just looking for feedback on the mentioned products and maybe brand vs brand comparison and weather they would make a good choice for me. Im very new to diving so any info will be helpful

Thanks in advanced for the help and i look forward to contributing in the future.

Cheers,

Jono.

Have you tried an i3 system cause I love it.
And if you are not sure which of the 2 bcds you want ask if you can test them in the pool. My divecenter let me and I think the will let you if you ask.

Anyway hope you get the chance to test them in water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom