Introduction and a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ginger,
Welcome to the club.You can tell people about the wonders of diving,but they just have to experience it for themselves.Now you can blather on to others like everyone else on this board.They're a great crew here and you can get some great answers to questions.
As to the cramping,it's a common problem and that's with new and experienced divers.I like what the other say here and I'll add my 2 cents worth.
1. flipper fit as they said.The fit can't cut off the circulation.Also the weight of the flipper.If you have a boot flipper than if the weight is balanced towards the tip then that will cause cramps.
2. I agree with doc.The dry air,the salt and sweating in your suit will contribute to potassium loss and cramps.
I take a chelated potassiun tablet from the health shop.You can try that if you want.I drink 12 to 16ozs of water before I get into the water.You may not hold that much but I'm 6ft tall and have more room.lol.
3.Stretch out you leg muscles before you get into your suit.
Pay attention to the calves,ham-strings and thighs.This helps lossen you up and avoids muscle tightness.
4.remember that in dive fitness it doesn't matter if you're a world class athlete.In diving you use muscles in ways that you don't use in any other way.The more you dive the more your muscles will adapt.Snorkelling is the best way that I and my fellow divers have found to improve dive fitness and keep you muscles in order.
5.It's ok to have more than 1 pair of flippers.I have a pair of Mares and a pair of Apollo bio-fins.One for the surface and one for under the water.

I still get them and i've been diving for years.Just be in tune with your body.Watch for the cold,tiredness and stress and look after youself.
Once again,welcome and let the adventure begin

The Gasman

My wife has problems with cramping.We have been told that this can also be due to electrolite imbalance.
Some stuff we have found that works is labeled Bioplasma, it is a combination of all 12 of Schuessler's Biochemic Tissue Remedies (cell salts)which are constituents of various parts of the body.I have used these when dehydrated and they really help with the cramps while re-hydrating.They can be found in Health Stores or Herb stores.
We still eat the Bannanas too.

Tavi:tree:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom