Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

July 1st is an election day and a presidental one at that. Read this thread on tripadvisor as it is possible that there will not be alcohol served. Dennis, Roxanne can you confirm that drink will be flowing on arrival day and on the 1st at the Hotel Cozumel?

I'm usually not a big drinker so I'll easily survive either way.

Election Day July 1 (alcohol sales?) - Cozumel Forum - TripAdvisor

If it's just 1 day, no big deal, just more diving, but we might have a problem if it was the whole week. :rofl3:

I went for the single upgrade, and don't worry about not having a buddy because with as many folks that are going, I doubt anybody will be buddy-less.

How true, how true! That's what makes it fun! :D

---------- Post added ----------

July 1st is an election day and a presidental one at that. Read this thread on tripadvisor as it is possible that there will not be alcohol served. Dennis, Roxanne can you confirm that drink will be flowing on arrival day and on the 1st at the Hotel Cozumel?

I'm usually not a big drinker so I'll easily survive either way.

Election Day July 1 (alcohol sales?) - Cozumel Forum - TripAdvisor

We'll check on that. It may effect Sales, but we're doing the all inclusive so we're "not buying alcohol". So it shouldn't affect us. :cheers:

I like how you Floridians think... Wasn't it just a few years ago where they cracked down on drinking on the beach at SoBe during spring break, so everyone put their booze on a raft and drank in the water??

I like how you Floridians think... Wasn't it just a few years ago where they cracked down on drinking on the beach at SoBe during spring break, so everyone put their booze on a raft and drank in the water??

Exactly! :wink: You know we're all about the details!

I was down in Daytona for bike week in 1994 and they were cracking down on people drinking on the beach...the girls we were hanging out with drank Zima (eek!) out of Evian water bottles and we had bottles of beer hidden in McDonalds cups with a straw or in desperate times the Zima (eek!) haha

We do have a couple of single gals going but I don't know if they want to share a room. It is a diffenance of $175 from single to double occupancy. You can give Bay Adventures a call and see if the gals want to share.

Roxanne, I'll ring up Bay Adventures and thanks for the reply. How many are currently booked for this event? Just curious. Thx!

Roxanne, I'll ring up Bay Adventures and thanks for the reply. How many are currently booked for this event? Just curious. Thx!

I think were around 63 - 65. Mostly divers.

---------- Post added ----------

When you are diving, the groups will be no larger than 8.

We'll check on that. It may effect Sales, but we're doing the all inclusive so we're "not buying alcohol". So it shouldn't affect us. :cheers:

Then there's always Moonie Man to the rescue.

Moonie Man copy.jpg

Later,
Moonie

Last edited:
I hear-by solemnly swear/affirm that if I consume intoxicating spirits, on July 1, 2012, I will not cast a ballot in any election of the sovereign nation of Mexico. Can I have my beer now? :beer:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom