Iowa Corn Fields

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaltnShar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I assume this is a rediculous question, but is there anywhere to dive in Iowa other than the rain-soaked corn fields? Is there any reasonable visibility in Rathbun, Red Rock or Sailorville ? Trips to visit family up there would be much more pleasant if I could get away for a while !!

Okoboji.

A dive shop out of Omaha has a quarry by Melvern that you can dive for $10 when they are there.

There is a quarry by Atlantic that has decent (5' to 20') vis @ times.
It is open to divers.

Terry

sometimes they have them big steel tanks in the fields under a wind pump. Might be able to blow a bubble or two in there. :D

Okay not as funny as it sounded when I started typing it.

Hey... after spend a few days with my in-laws, even that would be a welcome relief.

Wkndbum:
Okoboji.

A dive shop out of Omaha has a quarry by Melvern that you can dive for $10 when they are there.

There is a quarry by Atlantic that has decent (5' to 20') vis @ times.
It is open to divers.

Terry

I did my Rescue Diver certification at Okoboji. It was late September, boat traffic can be an issue during the summer.

We're headed to Quail Run Quarry near Malvern, IA on July 28th. I'm a WWW (warm water wuss) so I'll probably stay above the thermocline most of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom