iPhone and iPod users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Directly from iTunes:

Includes decompression stops, gas usage, CNS tracking, OTU tracking, Surface Interval tracking and many other features. Currently implements the Buhlmann ZHL16/C with Erik Baker's GF algorithm.

I started using it recently, and like it.

I have played around with Baltic deco planner and love it. Its super informative and has both buhlmann and VPM models (you can choose between which one you want).

Thanks! That looks pretty interesting.

I use the Ideco pro and my instructor uses the RGBM tables to plan our dives, I set the conservative factor up by 2 and it is close enough that he allows me to use it to write down my deco stop numbers and will accept it for future dive planning.

Being that it's on my Ipod it does have that certain WOW factor that makes it a lot of fun to use. I am waiting for the VPM-B table to be released, that will be nice to have the option of switching up between the two.

I am waiting for the VPM-B table to be released, that will be nice to have the option of switching up between the two.

It makes sense that you can come up with similar plans with both, since they are both bubble models. What do you mean by "the VPM-B table"?

Later:
If you're looking for printed tables based on VPM-B, the IANTD Technical Trimix tables here might be what you want.

Last edited:
I have played around with Baltic deco planner and love it. Its super informative and has both buhlmann and VPM models (you can choose between which one you want).

I have Baltic as well (and vplanner for iphone/ipod). Very nice.

I use the Ideco pro and my instructor uses the RGBM tables to plan our dives, I set the conservative factor up by 2 and it is close enough that he allows me to use it to write down my deco stop numbers and will accept it for future dive planning.

What do you mean by "I set the conservative factor up by 2"?

It makes sense that you can come up with similar plans with both, since they are both bubble models. What do you mean by "the VPM-B table"?

I think he means when the VPM-B algorithm in iDeco Pro is released.

What do you mean by "I set the conservative factor up by 2"?

You can go into the settings and change the Buhlmann/16 gradient factors (low and high), as well as setting the conservatism (0-5).

You can go into the settings and change the Buhlmann/16 gradient factors (low and high), as well as setting the conservatism (0-5).

The conservatism settings only apply to the VPM algorithm. Unless you are participating in the beta with access to the VPM implementation in iDeco Pro, it won't do anything to your dive plans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom