iPhone in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll add to the list of iPhone users that simply turns off the data roaming and uses the wi-fi ability to get email. I also have SKYPE on my phone, so I can make phone calls using wi-fi. It has worked in CZM, Mexico City and Lima Peru without any charges.

Sounds good - thanks all.

Oh wow, that sucks !! Sorry to hear that ! But enjoy !
Wait, did you lose your job BECAUSE of COZUMEL...??!!

Nope. It is a good thing - time to move on to something new.

Oh yes, I can tell you first hand that you can use an iPhone in Cozumel, I spent a lovely seven days in Coz back in May, came home to a $2,065.31 cent phone bill from AT&T. I made no phone calls but I did send a few emails and was on the web one day for about an hour. They realized that I didn't know about turning it off, so we compromised and they made me buy the International Package ($199/per month). So AT&T was great about it all! Heck, for my stupid mistake I'll gladly pay the $200 than $2,000 charge, unfortunately, to-this-day, we are still haggling over this bill, they just haven't updated their records.

But yes, you can use an iPhone in Coz, just turn off the roaming feature! :)

Have a great trip!!!

Can you use text messaging in Coz on the Iphone with no extra charge? Or are you better of just using WIFI for email. What happen when someone sends you a text? Thanks for the info I am leaving in a week and I don't want a phone bill the size of my whole trip :)

Using text messaging requires the data roaming so you open yourself up to the exorbitant charges. Turn off the data roaming and if somebody sends you a text you won't be able to receive it. The free wi-fi works great for e-mail and web browsing.

Thanks for the info...I wasn't sure how text messaging was billed. Data roaming will be off....

Back
Top Bottom