IQ-700: How to test audible alarm on surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha8

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There may be a problem with the underwater beeper in my IQ-700. I cannot recall hearing an alarm from the computer in any of the following conditions: Maximum Depth reached, Dive Time reached and Accent Rate exceeded. Is there a way to test the audible alarm without actually enter the dive mode?

I got the computer to beep when changing the units of measurement (i.e. hold the left and right button for a few seconds in Dive Set mode). Does the computer use the same beeper to generate the alarm during dive mode?

The alarm is the same beep but repeated about 8-10 times I believe. I don't think there is a test mode on land. You might have the alarm set to OFF.

Even tho I have the alarm set to off and no depth or time limits set, the dc still beeps if I ascend too fast

The alarm is the same beep but repeated about 8-10 times I believe. I don't think there is a test mode on land. You might have the alarm set to OFF.

Are you diving in cold water with a thick hood? If so, you may just not be hearing it. I have everything turned off and I can turn off but as mentioned somethings can't be turned off.

I don't hear any beeping if I ascend too fast (as in raise my arm suddenly). I think it's best not to rely on such things anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom