• No

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No opinion

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Pass the beer

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotta agree with you, Brandon. Even the Live show was OK when it first got started, although a notch down from Essence. [Forgive me.....]

I guess some of us will just have to disagree about whether Emiril deserves to be tasered on a 24/7 basis, but it looks like we've got a small Anthony Bourdain admiration society developing. I'll count myself as a fan. If you like to cook and you don't have his Les Halles cookbook, you'll want it. I got it for Christmas, and I actually read the whole thing. Yes, I'm mindful that admitting to having read a cookbook cover to cover immediately places me in the category of those likely touched in the head, but don't judge until you've cracked it open yourself. It's actually an entertaining read.

Ooooh... Tasering Emeril... I'd pay money to do that.

I have signed copies of Kitchen Confidential and Cook's Tour. I still need to get the Les Halles cookbook though, didn't even know about that one.

When I worked at Sun Mountain Lodge (www.sunmountainlodge.com), my fellow kitchen buddies and I lived the Gospel according to St. Bourdain. We had days that were straight out of Kitchen Confidential.

None of us still work there, but we still talk and the stories live on...

-B

I hope at least one of you guys had an experience comparable to the one described on the last two pages of the third chapter.......

Was Cook's Tour any good?

wrongkey,

To most people, if an individual ingredient is more than $20 a pop, it's unaccessable. And you're in Houston for crying out loud! Of course you can get high quality ingredients. I'm jealous.

The only saints are Bourdain, Brown, Wilson, McGhee, and a few choice others. Emeril is no where close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom