• No

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No opinion

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Pass the beer

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love Iron Chef- I cannot comment on the terrible Iron chef America as I cannot bring myself to watch it. I am happy to hear that ming beat flay though- I was very happy the first time flay took on Iron Chef in Japan and was criticized for standing on his chopping board at the end - as the Iron Chef said " he's not a real chef, no real chef would stand ontheir chopping board" .

most upset when the Japanese sense of honor allowed flay to win on the rematch- not deerved in my opinion.

watashi wa Iron Chefess

Any show that uses whale tongue or shark fin for entertainment is not worthy of air time in my opinion.

Scientific whaling? What bull****! They use the meat on frikking TV cooking shows!

I see the sensitive have spoke. Strange that you can eat a cow, pig, chicken, deer, tuna, moose, what have you, but you can't eat whale or dolphin? What a crock.

neophytediver:
I see the sensitive have spoke. Strange that you can eat a cow, pig, chicken, deer, tuna, moose, what have you, but you can't eat whale or dolphin? What a crock.
Still pissed about that iPod post huh?

baltimoron:
Ah Kamisama, watashi no atama ni ono ga arimasu!!!!
("OH MY GOD! I HAVE AN AXE IN MY HEAD!!")
:eyebrow:

Hey, I'll have to remember that...who knows when it could come in handy. :wink: :wtf:

teknitroxdiver:
Hey, I'll have to remember that...who knows when it could come in handy. :wink: :wtf:

Well, one thing I love about Japan is that no matter how many people in one given street (and believe me there are more than you can comprehend,) it will always be as quiet as, say, a semi-busy supermarket. Not too loud, eh? Great chance to shout random Japanese and make laughter by the millions.

[ Edit: http://yamara.com/axe/index.html Enjoy. ]

Scubaroo:
Still pissed about that iPod post huh?

Not at all, I'm just tired of the hypocratic garbage when it comes to eating "seafood." Just because some scientist did some study and convinced the world that dolphins and whales are the smartest thing to roam the seas, they should get some special treatment and avoid becoming food? If they did a study and convinced you that pigs or chickens were equally smart, that wouldn't stop you from eating them now would it? It's all hypocracy.

What does piss me off is the notion that Bobby Flay could beat Rick Bayless. That really pisses me off.

Now, pass the shark fin and and the blow hole.

neophytediver:
So, anyone watch this craziness? I really like the original, but this new incarnation is utter garbage. Here is the short list of reasons:

1. Challengers don't get to pick their opponent.
2. Flay and Batali (and I like Batali) are no where near the caliber necessary to bear the honor "Iron Chef."
3. Mandantory 5 dishes.
4. The supposed nephew of the chairman. (hint- he isn't, he's chinese by decent)

Thoughts?
Without Chairman Kaga the show is a waste. Maybe they should have called it Aluminum Chef?

I don't like Flay at all. I think he's a hack. Seeing him in the original Iron Chef America was a joke (I have other posts in this forum on that topic... Sakai should have won).

I'm glad Morimoto and Batali are on Iron Chef America. Morimoto is my favorite Iron Chefs, and it's awesome that he's still around working on the series. Mario always has a great attitude and awesome food, and he has those schpiffy clogs too!

I miss Sakai though...

-B.

I attached a piece of Morimoto memorablia that you might not have seen before... Morimoto Signature Series beer from Rogue Brewery in Newport, OR (where I go diving in the summer) Their beers are some of the best I've had. I have a small stash of Shakespere Stout in my fridge... hard to come by up here in Alaska, but extremely good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom