• No

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No opinion

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Pass the beer

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neophytediver:
So, anyone watch this craziness? I really like the original, but this new incarnation is utter garbage. Here is the short list of reasons:

1. Challengers don't get to pick their opponent.
2. Flay and Batali (and I like Batali) are no where near the caliber necessary to bear the honor "Iron Chef."
3. Mandantory 5 dishes.
4. The supposed nephew of the chairman. (hint- he isn't, he's chinese by decent)

Thoughts?

:bang: Emeril Rules!!!!! :bang:

teknitroxdiver:
Ooh, now the poll is at 116.66%!!! :hmmm:
I guess some people can't figure out that you can have "No Opinion" on the show and still request that you "Pass the Beer".
-Rob

neophytediver:
How'd Anthony Bourdain put it? Emeril's an annoying little troll.
gotta love Anthony!

neophytediver:
How'd Anthony Bourdain put it? Emeril's an annoying little troll.

Come on....someone out there must like the the man of BAM!!!

Actually, Emiril's non-live show, The Essence of Emeril, is pretty good. But it comes on in the middle of the day, so most all anyone sees is that annoying crapola that comes on in the evening. You can like the Essence show and find the Live one as irritating as itching powder on the toilet paper.....

wrongkey:
Actually, Emiril's non-live show, The Essence of Emeril, is pretty good. But it comes on in the middle of the day, so most all anyone sees is that annoying crapola that comes on in the evening. You can like the Essence show and find the Live one as irritating as itching powder on the toilet paper.....

The "essence" of a good cooking show is that the food prepared/featured is easily accessable to the common cook. Last time I checked Duck Confit with Fois Gras and Boluga (?) caviar wasn't all that accessable. "Essence of the 'annoying little troll'" is bad for just that reason. And for those not in the know, the whole "bam" thing started way back on "Essence" because he was so boring he was putting the camera crew and producers to sleep, so he started doing that to wake them back up.

Will, lots of folks share your disdain for Emeril in any form, but your characterization of the Essence show is highly exaggerated. The last time I watched the Essence show -- and it's been a while, given it's current time slot -- there wasn't anything in the way of ingredients used that was not readily available, at least in Houston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom