Is DCS possible under 20fsw, or 100% impossible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For ZH-L16 (all variants) the smallest a is 0.2327 and b is 0.9653 in the slowest compartment: 635 minutes. Converting to M0 (assuming surface pressure of 1) : 0.2327 + 1/0.9653 = 1.2686. I.e. according to Herr Dr Buhlmann the "leas tolerant" tissue compartment is theoretically safe at 12.7 msw. Since we know people can get bent at 20 fsw, you may want to set your GF Hi to 50-60% for shallow saturation diving -- or use a different model.

EC64A405-6971-46ED-98CF-AFEE23F4C463.png
69FE10C7-CF05-49F7-B15A-0A7B422F3034.jpeg
F994F229-A36F-47A1-8969-5EF868F2A813.jpeg

I want to dive at 20fsw without caring about the time. Are the Navy's tables valid?

for padi every dive below 10 meters, calculated as if it were 10 meters

View attachment 765874View attachment 765875View attachment 765876

I want to dive at 20fsw without caring about the time. Are the Navy's tables valid?

Why are you asking? What is it about the previous 100 posts in this thread that you don't understand?
There is also the previous thread on this topic: Nitrox for shallow water artifact diving??
Unless your physiology is abnormal, you don't need ANY tables at less than 20 ft.

Are you a US Navy diver?

View attachment 765874View attachment 765875View attachment 765876

The U.S. Navy's tables are valid for the population they're designed to be used by, which is relatively young, healthy people who are well-screened for physical fitness.

Best regards,
DDM

Why are you asking? What is it about the previous 100 posts in this thread that you don't understand?
There is also the previous thread on this topic: Nitrox for shallow water artifact diving??
Unless your physiology is abnormal, you don't need ANY tables at less than 20 ft.
If English is this member's second language, there may well be parts that he or she does not understand. A rational and respectful answer to this question is warranted.

Best regards,
DDM

If English is this member's second language, there may well be parts that he or she does not understand. A rational and respectful answer to this question is warranted.

Best regards,
DDM
It is much more likely that he simply did not read the thread and piled on with his question. I'll be happy to apologize if this is not true. I lived aboard for a number of years and am quite respectful of language issues; I have no patience with sloth and laziness. In any case, he gave my response a Like.

It is much more likely that he simply did not read the thread and piled on with his question. I'll be happy to apologize if this is not true. I lived aboard for a number of years and am quite respectful of language issues; I have no patience with sloth and laziness. In any case, he gave my response a Like.
I personally prefer not to make assumptions about someone and instead assume good intent, especially in a learning zone.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom