Is Diving a Life Change for You?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not certified yet, on my 3rd confined water training. Heres what i did after my first confined water:

1) subscipt to 3 dive magazine
2) spending most of the time here at SB
3) Google search key words all contain the word 'dive'
4) planning my next vacation around diving (assuming i will pass the OW this oct)

you tell me is this changing my life?

nagel:
I'm interested in if anybody shares my thoughts and live in my world as well.

Hell yes. 100%.

If diving were a drug, it would be a mix of heroin, cocaine, and crack, with a heavy sprinkling of nicotine! I'm completely obsessed. Weekends without a dive are unbearable! Chances of going on a landlocked vacation? 0%

:scubadive

Sounds like y'all need Dr. Tom's two step Divers Anonymous program.

1. Admit you are addicted to diving and you are powerless to do anything about it.
2. Go diving!

Life changing? Lets see, I smoked a pack and 1/2 every day for 30+ years. Then I started diving. I was also 30 pounds overweight. Then I started diving. This was 5+ years ago. Does that count?

I remember when I was 8 years old and watched my first Costeau documentary. I remember how that very summer I donner my first mask, snorkel, and fins. I vowed then, that I would learn to dive.

That was fulfilled about 3 years ago. Not only it is a dream that came through, but how it has changed our (my wife and I) lives.

We have met great people, visited great places, and there is so much more that could not happen if you were not involved in Diving.

Happy bubbles!

Of COURSE diving is a lifestyle.

Like many who have posted, every decision I make revolves around how it will affect diving . . . from what hours I work, what kind of car to drive, where to live, how many family functions I can blow off. And on the very, very, very rare weekend that I can't even squeeze one little tiny dive in (usually only happens if I am very congested), I might just throw a tank into the pool just to get my 'fix.'

All very normal behavior. Nothing to see here.

i think just about everyone else here feels the same way. as for me it has consumed me it is about the only thing i think about. i am even selling my harly to pay for some more gear and training. the wife just does not understand. it is getting so bad that my kids(7yrs,9yrs,& 13yrs) are wanting to get certified but wife is saying no(for now) but she will want something some day like new car. he he he then i strike!!!!!!

nagel:
Great Responses - Sounds like I'm not nuts after all

According to all the other nuts here at the asylum!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom