Is Ginnie Springs still a party ground?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I dont know if this is the place to put this or not....

The last time I was at Ginnie Springs was a few years ago. We did a clean up dive in the river. It was a disaster. You could literally dive down and within a 5 foot radius, fill an entire bag with garbage.

The place was full of partying students complete with bottles and cans being tossed into the water. Is it still this way?

Normally I am not one for government interference, but something should be done if it is still a dump.

Party grounds yes, but I didn't see all that much trash. I went camping/canoeing/snorkeling there 2 weekends ago and I saw 4-5 floating beer bottles and a runaway cooler but it wasn't HORRIBLE. It wasn't the best place for camping either cause everyone was partying and playing loud music. Not saying they shouldn't or that there is something wrong with that, it's just not what I am looking for while camping so next time I will go somewhere else.

Yeah, that is what I was referring to. Sure wish someone more responsible had control over that area. It is a shame to see those beautiful springs surrounded by so much garbage.

I loved the setting at Ginnie Springs. I love the springs. I too, however, hate the party atmosphere.

I was there the middle of August 2011, and the place was crazy with parties... I dove in the river and saw a whole bunch of beer cans and bottles. I understand having parties, but throwing your beer cans and bottle in the river is a crying shame.

I go there to try out new equipment regularly...Was there a few weeks ago and a few months before that......It hasn't changed :shakehead::depressed:....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom