Is Henderson worth it??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
True. It is over priced. Every sport equipment is over priced.
The worst example is a golf club. The real manufacturing cost is below $10 per each club.

But, the quality is absolutely better based on my experience. So, I paid for it. The WTP (willigness to pay) is another story depending on the customers.

My 2 psi.

That was part of my point. In fact, the QUALITY is good, but no better than suits costing in many cases 1/3 of the price of the Henderson...

I'm not saying they make a poor suit, but from my experience BARE, Harvey's, Tilos, and Frankly just about every other suit manufacture out there is making suits that are as good or better at a much lower cost.

I just got the bare 3/2 velocity from scubatoys and it feels the same as henderson hyperstretch but at 120vs 265 at lds you can't beat it. I haven't tried it out yet but it dons real easy and not too tight in the crotch. I haven't tried it in water yet but I've heard really good things about bare on SB.

I have a Henderson Gold Core 3mm for warm water. Absolutley love it. Easy on, easy off, fits well (for a fat bast..d). A bit pricey, but it has worn well.

I wear a Parkway 2.5 in warmer water and I dont see the hendersons being any better then any other company. After all... Its all just neoprene with glue and stiches.

Edit:
ROFL!! Why did I reply to this? I gotta stop looking into old posts...

Fit and stretch are both huge for a wetsuit, if being able to breathe easy is important. I'd rather get a new suit when needed than wear a cheap piece of cardboard.

Henderson's hyperstretch is most important to me for my cold water suit, a 7mm jumpsuit. It will be 3 years old this winter, and aside from some pilling, which I could care less about, it's functionally as good as the first day!

BTW, my new Henderson Ultra Dry is the warmest 3mm I have ever worn! In 72 degree spring water I usually need 5mm, but it was great!

Chad

Nothing beats Xcel, especially in the thicker suits...........the fact that the entire Henderson suits is hyper stretch material also causes it to compress much more at depth, thus loosing it's isolation properties. The Xcel has the stretch where its needed, around the ankles. Check it out........

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/home.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom