Is it good enough for TV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love the video, but sadly cannot give a green light as a matter of principal. sorry

Nicely shot and edited, though it seemed to go on forever. Better, I think, to leave the audience wanting more instead of less.
I really didn't really get the point of the movie either, except maybe as an advertisement for that guy's diving trips. Although I can see how it might be popular with people who have never seen that sort of thing before, I think it could have done a better job of educating the viewers.

It may be my player (I had to upgrade to version 9 to watch it), but the sound track was garbled and it sounded as if people were talking over one another with parts being repeated frequently. The footage was dark (were you using a Sony HC-3 by any chance). Based on the way it played for me, I couldn't give it a greenlight.

I gave a green light.

Viewing on a TV, is much better than over the internet and I don't even have a HDTV. I have a copy of the DVD and there is a tremendous difference to the quality. I don't know enough about video and computers to tell anyone why the difference is so great, but it is.

This is just a small portion of the actual DVD which goes into much more about Roatan.

drbill:
It may be my player (I had to upgrade to version 9 to watch it), but the sound track was garbled and it sounded as if people were talking over one another with parts being repeated frequently. The footage was dark (were you using a Sony HC-3 by any chance). Based on the way it played for me, I couldn't give it a greenlight.

You might of had a bad connection Dr. Bill, the playing was flawless for me

thanks to everybody for you compliments and your criticisms ... always trying to improve.

DrBill - I'm shooting with the Z1U. Some of the footage may be a bit dark ... one of the pitfalls of this camera, I think, is it's low light capabilities. Of course, the footage really is much better viewed on a television, rather than that tiny little window over the web.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom