Is it possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Well - I'm new here, and this is my first question!
Is it possible to use the 16mm Wide angle lens for the MM2-Ex with the PT-015 case? If so - is it a good idea? Does it give good results? Do you need to use manual focusing with the C-5050 (if so - how?) or will it work properly with auto focus?

I would be very grateful for feedback on this (might save me some money!!)

KimLeece:
Hi everyone!

Well - I'm new here, and this is my first question!
Is it possible to use the 16mm Wide angle lens for the MM2-Ex with the PT-015 case? If so - is it a good idea? Does it give good results? Do you need to use manual focusing with the C-5050 (if so - how?) or will it work properly with auto focus?

I would be very grateful for feedback on this (might save me some money!!)
Unfortunately not. This discussed in this thread. I also asked Yuzo at UW Digital Camera's and he confirmed that the 16mm Sea&Sea WAL does not work with the adapter.

The MMII 20mm can be used with the adapter but not the 16mm..sorry!

Oh well - it was just a thought! Seems like I'll have to go with the Inon UWL-100 - at least it has the added advantage that you can use it topside as well - and the upgrade possibility of the port.

Thank you for the replies anyway - and to ScubaRon for pointing me to that thread!

Your welcome. You may also want to consider the Sea&Sea digital wide angle lens. It is a little bit cheaper and quite a bit lighter, which is nice for both land and UW photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom