Is it safe for me to fly? I really need to get home.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to change up the temp and nature of the question at this point. Let’s say that I do fly. Post an 18 hour wait after 2 dives, and most recently 12 hours on a single dive. Would could actually happen to me? Could I get permanent damage anywhere? Or would these things subside with time
Look up arterial gas embolism. Yes, permanent injury can happen.

Regardless. Everyone on the boat was telling me to cancel my flight. And so is everyone here. I think I’ll just pay the $700 bucks and look on the bright side and enjoy 2 more days here. Shop around, order food stay in and relax. Just sucks because that $700 could have been used for a new dive watch I was planning on getting/or camera. But sure the time it would set me back to get that again is minuscule to limping for years if tissue or bone damage would occur: biggest thing is as we speak I don’t feel well. I feel extremely fatigued. I did close to 6 dives in the last 3 days concurrently. It literally has been dive, back to hotel. Sleep then wake up and dive. Very little water in between im deff dehydrated and what we factors increase the risk I have them all. I’m goofy but will use this lesson to invest in a proper wrist computer to do less guess work and follow guidelines better. Happy I came on here to ask, and was explained everything thoroughly.

Good call! The fatigue you are feeling is likely sub acute DCS… which means staying *OFF* an airplane is a very smart idea!

Look up arterial gas embolism. Yes, permanent injury can happen.
Lol, this doesn’t play in this scenario, unless his flight is in the space shuttle.

Drink more water. And what shape are you in?

Legit accidental DCS, seems to occur more often in us big fat folk. Maybe fat stores extra N?

Did they really not cover this in your class? It is one of the biggest safety issues.

18hrs min after multi day diving or multiple dives in one day. It was 24 when I got certified.

18hrs min after multi day diving or multiple dives in one day. It was 24 when I got certified.

It was changed due to pressure from dive resorts wanting people to do more diving in shorter stays.

It was changed due to pressure from dive resorts wanting people to do more diving in shorter stays.

Just another reason to keep my GF at 50/70

Drink more water. And what shape are you in?

Legit accidental DCS, seems to occur more often in us big fat folk. Maybe fat stores extra N?
Fat absorbs nitrogen faster and releases it slower in fat people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom