Is there a friggen dive boat in SoCal still in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Shore diving is fine if you gotta get wet.

I expect more from my diving. I want better viz, more life, less surge, no sand and all the stuff that basically sells against SoCal shore diving.

I love shore diving at night - no worries there. The expectations aren't as high, bug city, all business.

But shore diving in the day time, when I have the option to boat dive off a local island, or wreck, or artificial reef, or rig? Take a mellow boat ride, flop in - dive mouth agape at the majesty of the scenery, then climb back up a ladder of the weaiting boat to some warm snacks? Please. No contest. Given the choice, boat diving in SoCal kills shore diving. Anyone who says different is selling you something.

---
Ken
No argument there, so again, my question: What were you selling that day?

WileEDiver:
No argument there, so again, my question: What were you selling that day?

And if I recall, your schedule was unclear. Tough to get rezzies dialed in on a boat with those two stipulations.

Or I could have been mental. And Pizza stuffed. It could have been the diet Coke the place was serving... I would have been thinking clearly with a diet Pepsi.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Or I could have been mental. And Pizza stuffed. It could have been the diet Coke the place was serving... I would have been thinking clearly with a diet Pepsi.

---
Ken
Cute, except for the fact that Gianni's is a Pepsi establishment (so much for your delicate, educated palette).

drbill:
I realize the SCUBA Luv and CDS boats don't go out of LA, but they're begging for divers. The island is going through its pre-Christmas doldrums. I think there may have been 15-20 divers at the Park today.

Dr. Bill

Hope you're there! Wanted to come over Sat night, but Jaye's got a wedding and it gets out too late... dangit. So we're in town by 9:30 AM and will dive 3 or 4 and have a mellow dinner, and head back.

I'm trying to convince my Canadian Brother, Warren to join us for what is becoming our annual Post Christmas Avalon trip. He may need to come later in the week - so you may have to endure me TWICE that week...

See you there!

Ken (and Jaye... and maybe Warren!)

hermosadive:
Contact the guys how run the Island Diver in Redondo http://www.rockypointfun.com/rocky_point_flash.html We put together 8packs and dive for just under $40 pp. I'm sure you can find other narrow minded divers to join you :eyebrow:

You in?

That's you, me and wifie. We only need 5 more narrow minded shore dive-hating softies. :wink:

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom