Is there a sample test out there??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok Zellet my son who is a absolute fish underwater, has me concerned that he is not retaining the information in the PADI book for his upcomming class on February 8th,( he knows where to find the answers in the book, and when I ask him questions he answers them pretty well, and I just probly want him to ace the test so ask) Is there a few sample test that I can give him???

thanks

Hmm. I can equate to your situation, but, not to make light, I would be more concerned that he is able to retain the information instead of "maxing" the test. Maxing the test means nothing if he cannot apply the knowledge to diving.

Have you discussed your concerns with the instructor? Alot of students have trouble with the math, even though they understand the material, they are just "math challenged" when it comes to tests and formulas.

Being a "fish" is only part of the skills IMO.

MD

I would voice my concerns to your son's Instructor. It is he/she who can adequately gauge how much information your son is retaining.

For example, this is the Knowledge Development process in PADI:

1) Student does the required reading, watches the video, does the Knowlege Reviews.

2) Instructor goes over the KR with the student & remediates the areas where the student has problems.

3) Student takes the Quiz for that Module (there are 5 Modules in total). Instructor goes over the Quz with the Student & remediates any sections that the Student has missed.

If the student has not scored at least 75% on the Quiz he/she must take another one. Again, a key component is that the Instructor goes over the areas where the Student is weak until the Student has mastered all the required information.

4) Student takes the Final Exam. Same routine as in previous section.

Directly from the PADI Instructor Manual:
The student must either score 100 percent initially on the quizzes and exam, or you must review each item missed until the student achieves mastery. You must retain a written record of the Quizzes and Exam, and students must sign and date the student statement at the end of the answer sheet to verify that they reviewed and understand all questions they missed.
Again, talk to his Instructor. Get invovled in your son's scuba experience. :)

~SubMariner~

Fishkiller once bubbled...
Is there a few sample test that I can give him???

thanks

These should help.

BSAC Interactive Learning

Of course, he may not do very well on lesson one. Somehow I don't think PADI teaches that part. :wink:

I should have added Zellet lives with his Mother and has done 99.9% of his reading and studying at her house...

Being a Fish, I have put Zellet in several PADI Bubble Makers and then Put him in the PADI Seal Team Program where he progressed to the Master level.

a proud moment

When he was doing his night dive, once the instructor gave the Ok a couple of Fathers joined their sons. I decided to see how Zellet handled problems so snuck behind him and held onto his tank, became a little negitively bouyant and watched to see what happened. All he did was put some air in his BC and continued to swim around. After the dive I asked him if he noticed anything different on that dive, his response was "Dad, the new fins(Tusa Expert Zoom) you bought me don't work very well"

I have talked with his instructor and since he will be in a small 3 person class she'll have no problem taking the extra time, as needed. but I still would like him to know as much as his little mind can hold..

of course my true concern is where to get him certified...

I could send him to the local lake, to get it out of the way.

go to San Carlos on a trip but I would want to dive with him and couldn;t until the last 2 dives of the trip.

argh!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ScubaFishee for the link I will send it to him so he and his mother can look at it together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom