Is there a valid reason for a pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't read this entire thread..........but to answer the OP's question....... will say that Solo diving is at least one solid and valid reason for having a pony bottle along with a fully redundant gas delivery system.

Other valid reasons for having a pony bottle are not limited to but include:
  • Always right there and never leaves my side .
  • Always ready to splash when I'm ready.
  • Likes to dive wherever and whenever I like to dive.
  • Never panics.
  • Never has to pay for an extra spot on the boat.
  • Never drinks my beer.
And most importantly.........
  • Never, ever..... bitches or complains about anything....ever!
ykFd6Mx.jpg

I also didn't go through the entire thread, but I'm not sure I understand the resistance to carrying one at all. My wife and I each carry slung ponies anytime we go deeper than 20m and I can't think of a compelling argument against a redundant air supply. "Because you shouldn't need it" doesn't hold water for me, so to speak.

Don’t know if I’d trust more my wife than an insta buddy for air redundancy 😂
The insta-buddy isn't the beneficiary of your life insurance and doesn't have to listen to you snore. Just saying...

The insta-buddy isn't the beneficiary of your life insurance and doesn't have to listen to you snore. Just saying...
Do we know each other?

😂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom