is there an INON S2000 manual on line ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apologies for hijacking your thread.

In Manual mode on your S90 the sTTL will not function with the S2000. You will have to go to Manual control on the strobe also. You will need to install the magnet switch. Now you match f stop on camera to strobe and start at ISO100

Nemrod or anyone else - can you please explain this further? I've only recently gotten my strobe and I'd like to know how you go about matching the f stop on the camera to my S2000. eg, if I was shooting in F/4, what setting would match on the s2000?

Thanks for your patience!

Damo

Apologies for hijacking your thread.

Nemrod or anyone else - can you please explain this further? I've only recently gotten my strobe and I'd like to know how you go about matching the f stop on the camera to my S2000. eg, if I was shooting in F/4, what setting would match on the s2000?

Thanks for your patience!

Damo

On you S2000 there is a 4 position switch on the left, a rotary switch in the middle and the magnetic switch to the right. The rotary switch controls output (length of strobe pulse). This is the switch, the blue numbers and yellow dots correspond to the 12 power output levels starting at GN20 down to GN3.0. You will need to perform some test shots to calibrate your brain to the power levels to get your desired results. I would start with the rotary knob straight up and maybe dial in f5.6 on your S90 and go from there. The D2000 has f numbers but due to the small size of the S2000 they are left off.

I think, clockwise, manual mode on strobe, Av or Manual on S90:

Full (GN20) f 11.0 to (GN3.0) f 1.8 in the 12 steps.

If the above is not exactly correct, number for number, it does not matter, thus your test shots.

I recommend you shoot these set ups, evaluate for yourself:

1. S90 in Program, S2000 in sTTL (camera strobe defaults to Auto/preflash). Use the strobe rotary knob to lighten and darken, you can also use the camera strobe control under Func Set to control strobe output or to increase the range of auto strobe control.

2. S90 in Av mode, camera strobe (under Menu) on Manual and lowest setting. S2000 in Manual, match f stop on camera to your rotary power knob selection (in other words match f stop) S90. Install magnet in hole.

3. S90 in Av mode, camera strobe (under menu) to Auto. S2000 in sTTL, control power with knob to lighten and darken.

4. S90 in Manual, camera strobe defaults to Manual (no preflash), set to lowest output. Set S2000 to Manual mode and again match power knob to f stop per your desired exposure tastes.

Note, magnet position is irrelevant when the strobe is in sTTL. The magnet only tells the strobe, in Manual, if to expect a preflash (no magnet) or no preflash (magnet in).

Since I have used a S2000 several times but only briefly but am familiar with how Inon strobes function, the above should be "about" right but don't hold me to exact numbers, OK.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom