Is there any chance of DSS coming out with a V2 of the Uwatec BT/2G mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Uwatec mount with about 30 dives on it and is starting to tear at the bottom of the mount. After searching through this forum and the computer and gauges forum I have found many other people with this problem so I'm not the only one. I also have one of the new Pelagic compass mounts and this new design is much more robust in the affected area. I was hoping you would come up with a revised Uwatec mount to add more material in the affected area. The two pictures are of my two mounts the first the Pelagic mount and the second the Uwatec mount. Picture 012 (Small).jpgPicture 011 (Small).jpg

Yes it can tear, but it seams you addressed the issue in your newest mount. It would take a lot to tear this new mount. I think my problem may be that the bungees need to be tight enough to hold the instrument on my arm so it will not move around but be loose enough to fot over cuff rings.

Yes it can tear, but it seams you addressed the issue in your newest mount. It would take a lot to tear this new mount. I think my problem may be that the bungees need to be tight enough to hold the instrument on my arm so it will not move around but be loose enough to fot over cuff rings.

1) Use bungee that stretches more easily, we recommend the 5/32" we sell

2) Lace you mount with one continuous piece of bungee, provides more over all length of bungee to stretch, and it allows for easier adjustment of the two loops relative to each other.

Tobin

Could you post a picture of how your lacing one length of bungee?

Back
Top Bottom