Is there any interest in a Goodman style handle for the DRIS 1000 and 500 lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like approx. .45 pounds weight.

It should fit in a small flat rate priority mail box un-assembled.

I think I might flip the bracket back over and add the plate back so that it gets the light up off your hand some. I am afraid that if the light is flat on top of your hand it might interfere with your wrist too much.

Yeah when I suggested that I was thinking to make it cheaper and simple, the less parts the better kind of thing. And hey it's still is an option then for those that want to try it with one peice.

I'm surprised DIRS hasn't chimed in on this. .

Sorry, been busy having a baby :)

Back to work today! Looks like a great alternative, but fairly expensive. We have been working on a couple things, but a design with a great price, doesn't happen overnight. As I have always said, I feel this is too big for a hand mount. So anything cost effective is too flimsy. This would be a GREAT alternative as long as people don't mind payin for it.

Back to work today! Looks like a great alternative, but fairly expensive. We have been working on a couple things, but a design with a great price, doesn't happen overnight. As I have always said, I feel this is too big for a hand mount. So anything cost effective is too flimsy. This would be a GREAT alternative as long as people don't mind payin for it.

WOW, you had a baby! That would be a first and should be on the tabloids. I can read the headlines already, "Dive store in Illinois has baby!":) Congrats.

If it comes right around $40-$50 and works as advertised for different lights, made of stainless steel and powder coated aluminum it's a deal in my book.

I agree that the light is a little big for hand mount, but when the alternative is $500 -600 for an entry level can light, this can be a good substitution for rec divers like myself.

I was just looking around on your site. I could save a lot of trouble and just make the light bracket to fit onto the light monkey handle you sell. This would make things a lot easier.

Light Monkey Hard Goodman Handle - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I agree that the light is a little big for hand mount, but when the alternative is $500 -600 for an entry level can light, this can be a good substitution for rec divers like myself.

I was just looking around on your site. I could save a lot of trouble and just make the light bracket to fit onto the light monkey handle you sell. This would make things a lot easier.

Light Monkey Hard Goodman Handle - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I would personally prefer the original design (that is the latest complete design by you) rather than a piece to add to a different piece that I do not have (and I expect many people won't). Two different orders, two different shipping charges.....all to save a couple bucks.

I like what you have come up with. Put me in for one.

A new update.

This can fit more than just the DRIS.

The top part is threaded so you can tighten it and loosen it to adjust to fit different sizes. The Jaws are angled so that they can grab onto different diameters.

With the current length screws it can fit 1." to 1.75" diameter. If you buy longer or shorter screws then it will fit a minimum of 1" diameter and a max of 2" diameter.

I also added a series of holes around the handle so you have options for where to attach bolt snaps.

v5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

untitled.249.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom