Is there any interest in a Goodman style handle for the DRIS 1000 and 500 lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I"m still working on it. I'll probably finish the design this week.
I've been busy with my real job.

Real job?!?! Who needs a real job when you could be on the verge of a gold mine here... Get back to work on this STAT!!!! :D

I only have diamond braid #24 line - it's a denser weave than other #24 line I have, so it's probably a tad thicker than the "standard" #24. Diameter is 0.07".

The hole will need to be big enough for 3 wraps of line going through it.

On my can light I'm tying into the slot for the "platform" which is 1/4" wide, which seems to be a good size for tying in a bolt snap.

Henrik

I only have diamond braid #24 line - it's a denser weave than other #24 line I have, so it's probably a tad thicker than the "standard" #24. Diameter is 0.07".

The hole will need to be big enough for 3 wraps of line going through it.

On my can light I'm tying into the slot for the "platform" which is 1/4" wide, which seems to be a good size for tying in a bolt snap.

Henrik

Thanks for the info. I'll incorporate it.

Can someone put here two pictures that I'm interesting in

1.) close picture between head and body when light is on
2.) close picture between head and body when light is off

I'm interested in O-ring position (exposure) .

I got a chance to work on this some more while on my flight to Hong Kong. I'm sitting here in the hotel room uploading.

This version goes back to the nuts and bolts to clamp the light. You can purchase shorter or longer bolts as needed. The holes in the handle have been enlarged to fit larger line and they have chamfered edges.

V6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
untitled.258.jpg

I don't have pictures of the light on and off. But the light only opens 1-2mm when you turn it off and the o-rings are not exposed. There are 3 o-rings here.

This is something I could change myself but wing nuts might be more user friendly than nuts. It would be nice to not have to have a wrench out just secure the light.

Food for thought.

I got a chance to work on this some more while on my flight to Hong Kong. I'm sitting here in the hotel room uploading.

This version goes back to the nuts and bolts to clamp the light. You can purchase shorter or longer bolts as needed. The holes in the handle have been enlarged to fit larger line and they have chamfered edges.

V6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
View attachment 133754

I don't have pictures of the light on and off. But the light only opens 1-2mm when you turn it off and the o-rings are not exposed. There are 3 o-rings here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom