Is there any interest in a Goodman style handle for the DRIS 1000 and 500 lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is something I could change myself but wing nuts might be more user friendly than nuts. It would be nice to not have to have a wrench out just secure the light.

Food for thought.

I would prefer a hex head screw. Wingnuts that are exposed on your hand add to things that will get snagged. I only like wing nuts on my BP and thay are covered up by my body.....

Just my 2 cents

I got a chance to work on this some more while on my flight to Hong Kong. I'm sitting here in the hotel room uploading.

This version goes back to the nuts and bolts to clamp the light. You can purchase shorter or longer bolts as needed. The holes in the handle have been enlarged to fit larger line and they have chamfered edges.

It's looking good. I like that you thought of chamfering the edges of the holes too. That'd be a sucky way to loose both light and handle: cave line cut by sharp edges.

This is something I could change myself but wing nuts might be more user friendly than nuts. It would be nice to not have to have a wrench out just secure the light.

If there's anything to catch line or such on ... it *will* catch. I'm not crazy about the nuts and end of the bolt sticking out the top of the bracket, but adding wing nuts would just further aggravate the issue.

Just my .02 :)

I had no idea the idea of wingnuts would scare everybody off like this :D. I don't really care what the attachment is.....that can be changed easily by the buyer. Any word on this handle?

+1 ... Looking forward to getting my hands on one or two of these

ditto - and season is nearing its end for me.......

ditto - and season is nearing its end for me.......

Me too. Heading down to Jupiter in November to get some drift diving in & help me through the winter.

I'm talking with DRIS about it. They may be able to produce a higher quantity and get it at a lower price. Stay tuned. This will happen one way or another.

Good to hear. Just having a hard time being patient :D

I'm talking with DRIS about it. They may be able to produce a higher quantity and get it at a lower price. Stay tuned. This will happen one way or another.

I am not surprised tha DRIS is getting involved given the demand we are seeing here. Its too bad because you have a great design.

I am not surprised tha DRIS is getting involved given the demand we are seeing here. Its too bad because you have a great design.
I don't think it's a bad thing. I reached out to them. I want to get it made but i don't want to sit in my apartment and assemble hundreds of these. I already do enough assembly on my other 3 businesses :).

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I don't think it's a bad thing. I reached out to them. I want to get it made but i don't want to sit in my apartment and assemble hundreds of these. I already do enough assembly on my other 3 businesses :).

Back
Top Bottom