Is this normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who doesn't think about diving 24/7? :palmtree: Bob

I don’t think it’s abnormal….I hope not! :D

Ok, it’s a wee bit strange to have your entire world reframed via preoccupation of scuba diving, but……..there’s something so lovely about it as well, isn’t it? That’s what I think anyway.

The only thing about having your world “reframed” is that, whenever I go shopping, I compare everything to the cost of a boat dive. It used to drive me bonkers in the beginning, but now I don’t mind it that much. It’s just nice always having scuba diving in the back of your mind. Sort of serves as a relief from this mad, crazy, and nutty world of ours.

Welcome to the club! Almost like coming home, isn't it?

Obsessed. Who cares?

mase:
Obsessed. Who cares?

Obsession seems so negative. I like to think of it more as a desire, a deep desire.

Obsession:
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source ob·ses·sion (əb-sěsh'ən, ŏb-) Pronunciation Key
n.
1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.​

Desire:
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source de·sire (dĭ-zīr') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. de·sired, de·sir·ing, de·sires

1. To wish or long for; want.
2. To express a wish for; request.

n.
1. A wish or longing.
2. A request or petition.
3. The object of longing: My greatest desire is to go SCUBA diving.​

:D

You're not alone here--of course, this is Scubaboard; most of the people who hang out here are pretty scuba-obsessed!
"Normal" is largely a matter of context!
(But I think my co-workers are getting pretty tired of diving stories...)

Deborah

I always think about diving, even if I with a group of golfers or biking enthusists or musicians. I have learned that talking about scuba to the "other" crowd is boring for them. This morning I had coffee with a table of 12 locals, all of them except one is not a diver. The diver said to me this morning " are you thinking about diving?" I said "I'm ready to go right now." Of course we all headed out to our jobs, and as for me, I headed out too...but I'm thinking about what would Fiji be like or if I was in Cayman right now or I wonder what's happening right now in Palau or PNG. What would it be like to get that new camera and housing I've been dreaming about.

Anyone else?

caymaniac:
I always think about diving, even if I with a group of golfers or biking enthusists or musicians. I have learned that talking about scuba to the "other" crowd is boring for them. This morning I had coffee with a table of 12 locals, all of them except one is not a diver. The diver said to me this morning " are you thinking about diving?" I said "I'm ready to go right now." Of course we all headed out to our jobs, and as for me, I headed out too...but I'm thinking about what would Fiji be like or if I was in Cayman right now or I wonder what's happening right now in Palau or PNG. What would it be like to get that new camera and housing I've been dreaming about.

Anyone else?
Im ready to go right now...
My tank however is not as its all empty and theres no place to fill it here except from the powerplant which is not manned after 4 in the afternoon.. and its soon 6 in the evening here..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom