Is this what I should usually expect? (long, advice requested)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds almost to the tee my first dive as a certified diver, but mine was a night dive. It was really stressful! But, like you, I loved diving and despite all my gut instincts I just went along with it.

Best advice: Shop around. I still do this to this day even though I am an instructor with lots of dives. Before I arrive, I will send a couple emails and get a feel for the type of diving the company does. If they don't write back or are vague, it's a pretty good indication that they will not be attentive, fun, safe, during the dives.

Even better, when I get there I walk around and talk to each shop. Whichever one I like the vibe of, I go with them....and then I like to write lots of rave reviews about it!

Feel free to message me directly if you would like any recommendations on great dive shops around the world :)
Check out my blog which has some good tips for beginner divers too!
www.DiveWithMia.com

Mia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom