Isla Mujares dive marketing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I spent the past week in Isla Mujares but left my dive equipment at our Cozumel home as this was to be a non-diving trip. On our last evening, we walked past a dive shop on the main tourist drag and I stopped in to inquire about diving there, should I make a return trip. I told the guy we had a house in Cozumel where I dived a lot. I asked what the diving was like, depth, what you typically see, etc. He said 30 feet. I said "all sites"? He said yes. I said "wow, you must pull great bottom times." Then he handed me a brochure and said "check our website for places we dive but you will see everything you will see in Cozumel. It is all the same."

So so why on earth would I go there when I have Cozumel in my back yard and it is all the same. This salesman needed to step up his game a bit IMO if he hoped to entice me to dive with them.

The diving there is not the same as cozumel, are all the dive sites in cozumel the same? are all the restaurants in cozumel the same? even thought im and cozumel are close to each other, diving cozumel you will rarely if ever see sharks, dolphins, mantas, mobula rays, sail fish or whale sharks, this is all a possibility diving im. its also a very good possibility you will see nothing but underwater statues diving im if you book diving with the operator you talked to lol. you have to seek out the best operations on im or you'll be very disappointed as you will be diving in 30 ft of water everyday

I'm heading to IM in June for the first time in a long time; so who is the best dive operator?

The diving there is not the same as cozumel, are all the dive sites in cozumel the same? are all the restaurants in cozumel the same? even thought im and cozumel are close to each other, diving cozumel you will rarely if ever see sharks, dolphins, mantas, mobula rays, sail fish or whale sharks, this is all a possibility diving im. its also a very good possibility you will see nothing but underwater statues diving im if you book diving with the operator you talked to lol. you have to seek out the best operations on im or you'll be very disappointed as you will be diving in 30 ft of water everyday

actually I see sharks (albeit they are nurse sharks) on nearly every dive in Cozumel. Other reef or black tips are usually on dives down south. Dolphins on occasion, usually when the weather is changing. Whale sharks never, and I suppose in IM only in season, not all the time, and certainly not when I was there in April. As for mantas, mobiles and sail fish, nope, don't see those regularly in Cozumel. So on what sites in IM can I expect to see these and are they seasonal?

what op do you recommend seeing these other site with? Do you have an affiliation with them? Nothing wrong with that but good to know if that is the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom