Islamorada Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent a few days with Sea Monkeys on their six pack boat a couple of years ago. They were okay. They provide an in- water DM, or experienced divers can explore on their own. Egress from the water was a little goofy, climbing around the outboard motors. But for some reason the captain would repeatedly NOT tie down the air tanks, and they would go flying out of the rack. So don't sit in the back of the boat while underway. But, I would dive with them again if the occasion arises.
Good Divin, Be Safe.
SoCalRich

My sons and I are headed to Islamorada on 08/20 and was hoping to get a recommendation on a good dive shop. Islamorada Dive Center, Key Dives and Sea Monkeys seem to get good reviews. Looking for a 4 tank day (and maybe a night dive). My sons are brand new OW and I'm AOW so looking for a boat that is friendly to kids and maybe have the ability to get a private guide for us. We're staying in Islamorada so would prefer not traveling back to Key Largo. Any help is appreciated. Thx
When i go down there with my family i think we usually go to Islamorada Dive center i think, the one by the fishing marina. There's also a place right by the Bass Pro Shop....
<TG>

My wife and I went with Sea Monkeys for her first Ocean Open Water dives after her Open Water course in Colorado. The owners were great and picked appropriate dives for her. I would dive with them anytime.

We just dove with forever young - goes out of the same marina as Sea Monkeys (we saw their boat) There is a cool manatee hanging around there, Carl.

Went spearing for lionfish and my daughter got two. These guys were major professional and awesome. It was borderline valet diving (actually not borderline, it was).

It was really rough but they did a great job talking my daughter and wife through how to get in and out (4' seas).

If you want to go on a hunt - they are awesome, and truth the told the reefs we were on were really good.

JJ

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom