Island Suggestion for Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coleraindiver

Registered
Reaction score
Please ignore posting because found answers. Trying to figure out how to delete post!

I am getting certified in Open Water in 2 weeks in Puerto Rico, then leaving on a cruise. I was hoping to get insight to diving on Caribbean Islands. We would like to go on 2 dives during our cruise stops. Which Islands would you recommend to schedule a dive?

St Thomas USVI
Dominica
Barbados
Antigua
St Kitts WI
St Maarten Na

Thanks in advance for you shared wisdom.

You might want to try running a search because a lot of this stuff is discussed in other threads.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/le...inica-barbados-st-lucia-antigua-st-kitts.html

You'll find most of your answers here. Bottom line though, St. Maarten and Antigua don't have good diving. Dominica probably has the best. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Barbados are all good not great (i.e. not bonaire, cozumel, belize level) so it's a personal preference which one you want to dive at.

Don't worry about deleting the post. Plus there is a chance (although small) that someone who didn't see the other thread may see this one and be a wealth of knowledge. It's no big deal, there are tons of threads on SB that cover the same stuff. Their servers can handle it (for now...). :wink:

Just look at it as your first SB lesson-make sure to use the search feature. I prefer the "advanced search" feature so I can narrow my "find these words" to the title so I don't get as much random nonsense that has nothing to do with my query.

People don't usually get annoyed unless you ask a question that has been asked a million times or you ask a question just to start a fight (i.e. a troll). To the best of my knowledge this exact question has only been asked a few times.

Anywho...what dates are you going to be on the Destiny? Another SBer and I are there March 30-April 6 (we don't know each other and aren't traveling together--just coincidence). I'm diving in Dominica, St. Kitts, and St. Thomas. I wanted to do Barbados as well, but there is A LOT to do topside there too, so I'm doing a catamaran there instead. I can't wait for the end of March!! :D

I have been to St. Maarten a couple times (once for a week) so if you have any questions about the top-side activities there, let me know. Also my mom and I are getting to be pretty experienced cruisers (this is her fourth and my third), so if you are a first time cruiser and have questions I might be able to provide some info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom