ISO - Dive reviews of Red Sail Sport Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive4air

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Grand Cayman in April and planning to dive with Red Sail. Can anyone share experiences with them? I dove with Red Sail in Aruba and they were very good, so I was wondering if they're the same experience here.

Thanks.

PS...other than the obvious dives that have been reviewed and talked about in Grand Cayman, any other advise would be appreciated also.

Some basics:

Red Sail has operations at several of the major hotels. The Hyatt, The Westin, The Marriott, The Courtyard by Marriott all along Seven Mile Beach. They also operate at Morritt's Tortuga Cluba under the name Tortuga Divers.

The Seven Mile Beach locations will either do a beach departure right from the hotel (Hyatt or Westin) or transfer you by van (other properties).

Boats generally are equipped to handle about 20 divers. All carry first aid and oxygen, and staff are trained to use them appropriately should the need arise. Most boats serve sliced fresh oranges and they provide drinking water and an ice chest for your use.

Red Sail uses 72cuft aluminum tanks. They have a very few 50cuft tanks mostly used for pool training.

Red Sail generally insists on guiding divers on deep wall dives. Shallow dives are often offered as a choice of buddy team or guided. Table limits are enforced if each buddy does not have a dive computer. That would mean 100ft for 20min and 60ft for about 35min with a 45min surface interval.

Red Sail is often cited as handling lots of cruise ship divers, but that is not currently the case. Such contracts periodically are rebid by the cruiselines, and currently Red Sail does not have major commitments in the cruise diving sector. It is of little consequence to the stay-over guest as they never were a business to combine cruise ship passengers on the same boat as stayover guests.

Red Sail has watersports equipment for rent at several properties, including jet skis. The operation at Morritt's in East End has the island's best (and only, I believe) windsurfing rental facility.

Red Sail also operates several beautiful large catamarans for sunset cruises or trips out to the Stingrays.

Wow...great response. Thank you for taking the time. I am staying at the Hyatt so convenience is key and good service a must.

As Drew mentioned, Redsail tanks are 72's and they run short dives. We used Divetech with 80's and they ran 2 - one hour dives and if you don't have a computer they provided the computer for free to use for the week. Their van picked us up every morning and brought us back to the Westin. Then the afternoon and night dive tanks were free to dive at their shore diving shops. The shore diving was just awesome especially at their Cobalt Coast shop on the northwall. Have a great trip.

I used them last year out of the Westin. They were very nice, not crowded, but that wasn't the busy season either (October)...

Back
Top Bottom